WELCOME TO CIS PTA!
|We are so thrilled to welcome you and your child to the CIS community! At CIS, the PTA provides funds for field trips and clubs, coordinates special events like our International Day celebration and provides families with a way to be an important part of their children’s education.We’d like to introduce you to our PTA Board and give you some information about how you can get involved this year.
Naketta Wiley, PTA President
We started Corrales International School the first year it opened. At that time, my oldest daughter, Tatyanah, was in 1st grade and now she is entering the 9th grade. My youngest daughter, Leila, has been attending since Kindergarten has now finished 6th grade! I wanted to get involved with the PTA Board because there was a great need for this year and I didn’t want to see our school without a PTA. Most importantly, I didn’t want our kids to go without all the benefits the PTA offers. Some goals I have for the PTA during my term are to build an MYP afterschool program and continue supporting the permaculture program so as our children transition from PYP to MYP, after school activities meet their needs too! I look forward to working with the CIS community and getting to know all the families!
Nicole Romero-Gabaldon PTA Vice President
My son is entering first grade at CIS. I knew I wanted to get involved in PTA before my son even started school. I started attending meetings in the summer before school started. I wanted to be a part of an organization whose goal is to support our children and our school and to work with a group of people who share that common goal. I have three other children who will attend CIS, so my goal is just to try to continuously help in whatever way I can to make CIS the best educational environment for our children. This year I saw a need to be filled in the 16-17 PTA board and wanted to do what I could to help.
Susan Murphy, PTA Treasurer
I have been a member of the CIS community for 4 years since my rising 4th grader, Teo Murphy, joined CIS in Kindergarten. I serve on the PTA as a way to be more involved with this wonderful school. I recently stepped down from an administration position in my work and feel that now is a good time for me to jump into this vital support group for our children. My goal is to become an active member of the PTA and contribute where I am needed.
Judi Hines, PTA Secretary
My son, Cassius, started kindergarten in the fall of 2013. I am looking for a way to become involved in the CIS community and want to fill a role that is genuinely in need. The PTA has created and supported so much for CIS in the time our family has been around. I want to continue the efforts of those board members rolling off; I think every CIS student benefits from the work of the PTA, in some form or another.
|Sign Up Here!|
Meeting April 6, 4pm
Proposed 2016-2017 Budget
CIS PTA Goals
- Support teachers and students by providing increased access to field trips, clubs and opportunities to explore the IB principles.
- Create and encourage a supportive community for CIS families, teachers and administration through the Healthy Families Initiative and community events.
This year our PTA will continue to focus our efforts on student enrichment (field trips and after school clubs), healthy families (Nurtured Heart parent education, smoothie social), and fun family events to bring the CIS community together (International Day, Meet and Greet) All funds raised by the PTA go toward supporting these goals. Recent PTA News Thanks to those that were able to come out for our last PTA meeting! It was a great to meet some new parents and reconnect with familiar faces. Please join us for our next meeting Easy Ways to Raise money for CIS
- Remember to vote for our school through Give with Target, the school earns $1 per vote, very easy to do! See the link on the right hand side of this page under Corrales International School, tell your friends and family!
- Love our great school? Review our awesome school on Great Schools.com to enter CIS in a contest to win $5,000 for CIS.
- Box Tops-there is a container on Ms Patti’s desk for Box Tops, please cut out and collect Box Tops from common food and products packaging to raise money for our great school. Thanks to Lisa Ortega for heading this up.
- If you are a Smith’s shopper and have a Rewards Card, be sure to designate CIS (Identification No. 80166) as the school to receive the rewards available as part of Smith’s Community Outreach. You can register online or at the checkout counter.