Corrales International Return to In-person Learning Information
• CIS will return to a full schedule on April 5th. School will be from 8:00 until 2:30 on Monday,
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday’s school will end at 12:30. The MYP schedule
and the lunch schedule will be posted on our website (corralesis.org). Students that remain in
distance learning will be required to follow the full schedule. Kindergarten students that remain
in distance learning will follow an abbreviated schedule.
• Drop off will begin at 7:40. Staff members will be outside to keep students distanced and get
them to their classes. Parents must stay in their vehicles.
• Students must come with a mask that covers their mouth and nose. No neck gaiters or face
shields. However, Face shields may be worn in addition to masks. Masks must be worn all day
except while eating and engaging in distanced outside activities. CIS has extra masks if a student
forgets or damages theirs. Please have your child bring a water bottle, our water fountains have
been replaced with bottle fillers.
• Any new students should contact our Nurse, Michele Koenigsberg
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to touch base or email shot records. All student should try to
have their vaccinations up to date.
• There will be modified supply lists sent out or posted on our website for materials to get
through the two-month period.
• Drop off will end at 8:00. Please be on time. If you arrive and the middle gate is closed, park
and call the front desk. You will be given directions at that time. Do NOT send or bring children
to the entrance without calling and being given direction.
• Students attending in person are asked to not bring their chrome books to school. They can be
used at home for homework and tutoring. At the end of the year they will be collected. This
may change as we monitor our bandwidth and make sure that all of the students in distance
learning receive an uninterrupted signal.
• MYP students will switch classes and passing periods will be distanced and monitored.
• The school will be running HVAC units with MRV 13 filters continuously, classroom and hallway
doors will be open and fans will used in every class, at the doorways, to move air to the outside.
• Lunches will be separated by grade levels and follow Covid-19 safe protocols. There will be
distanced seating in MPR (open doors) and outside.
• No visitors will be allowed in the building during the day. If you must pick up a student for an
appointment during the school day, they are not to return to school that day. They may join
classes virtually. Early pick up (less than an hour before end of day) is greatly discouraged.
• If a student shows symptoms of Covid-19, they will be sent to the nurse for evaluation. Parents
will be called and the student will wait in our isolation room until the parent arrives. Parents
must pick up student immediately.
• After school students must be picked up within 20 minutes of school ending. There will be not
be after-care (Perma-culture) for the rest of the year.
• The school building will be cleared by 3:00 pm every day for cleaning, sanitizing, and misting.
More information will be sent out as we get closer to the return date. Have a great Spring Break