Hello fabulous CIS community! Each year CIS PTA and CIS work together to offer many after school enrichment opportunities including tutoring, glee club, chess club, stitch club, sports clubs, drama club with Albuquerque Little Theater, Permaculture Club and many more options
Some of these clubs are fee-based, with the vendors being paid directly by families, and some are free and are run by members of our own talented community and some are supported through an EMSI (Elementary and Middle School Initiative) Grant.
CIS is a unique school that offers a great educational experience, while striving to create a strong sense of community and cooperation. Our amazing teachers, dedicated staff and involved parents and community members all work together to create a caring environment that allows our children to flourish. Each family brings unique abilities, strengths and interests to our school community and our after school enrichment program relies heavily on volunteers willing to share their passion and knowledge with our students.
If you have an idea for an after school club all you need is an APS background check, and a willingness to share with our students for a minimum of one hour per week for 6 weeks! Contact Naketta Wiley at email@example.com if you are interested!
Financial support for fee-based clubs is available on a case-by-case basis. Contact the school for more information.
Current and proposed clubs
ATTENTION: CIS STAFF DOES NOT ACCEPT PAPERWORK OR PAYMENT FOR FEE-BASED CLUBS AT CIS. ALL PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE INSTRUCTOR OF THE CLUB.
1. Glee Club (fee)
I’m excited to announce that Glee Club open for 1st-5th grades. This club will meet on Mondays beginning Sept 12. The cost for the 9 week Glee Club session is $65.00, siblings will have a 20% discount. Payment for Glee should be made out to Marisa Tapia-Lopez
If you have any questions and or concerns please contact Mrs. Marisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Chess Club (small fee for snacks) will meet on Mondays year-round beginning on Sept 12th.
Club meetings, training and mini-tournaments are on Mondays in the Kindergarten room from (PYP) 3:00-4:00, (MYP and A-B teams) from 3:30 to 4:30. There is a $10.00 per family fee for snacks & supplies. Chess sets and clocks will be available for use. All students not picked up at release time will be taken to Permaculture Club. For more information contact Coach Oren Stevens at email@example.com or Chess Club Coordinator, Carol Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Guitar Club (fee)–6-week sessions held on Wednesdays with stacked sessions for MYP and PYP students. The $50 fee can be paid to the instructor, Chelsea Toledo.
5. MYP Debate Club TBD THIS CLUB NEEDS A SPONSOR!
6. Sports–Basketball (boys and girls), Volleyball (boys and girls), Soccer (co-ed), Flag Football (boys) and Cross Country
We are currently seeking volunteers for head coach of our middle school flag football team and our middle school/jv girls basketball team. Please contact Kim Romero (email@example.com) if you are interested!
CIS sports participation form for MYP teams.
7. Bug Club will be held for 5 weeks in the spring, date/days TBD.
8. Yearbook Club TBD–Lisa Tiger has agreed to be a sponsor for this MYP club. Dates TBD
9. RoboRave (Robotics) Club is free and meets Wednesdays and is open to students in 3rd grade and up.
10. Archery Club A and B will meet on Mondays and Thursdays–each meeting only once per week and open to students in grades 4th and up. AYAC Info Sheet CIS RANGE RULES AYAC liability release CIS All forms must be filled out and fee paid (checks made to AYAC) on the first day of club (see calendar above).
12. Cross Country--we still have middle school and high school spots open for X-Country. Here is the information. Ages: MS (6-8th) / HS (9-12th) This club meets:Saturday mornings (beginning September 10th). Jerseys will be provided by CIS, there is no cost to participate. For more information: Kim Romero at firstname.lastname@example.orgSee the attached dates for Cross Country Meets here!
13. Math Club–will meet on Wednesdays, beginning September 14, 2016 in Ms. Perea’s room from 12:45-1:45pm. The fee for this 8 week club is $80. The club will be taught by Montessori Math teacher trainer Lyndi Spears.
Lyndi will also be available for small group (maximum 5) grade specific tutoring on Wednesdays from 1:45-2:45. The fee for tutoring is $45/child (+tax); $38.25/sib (+tax).
14. Stitch Club meets each Friday from 3:00-4:30pm in Ms. Nicole’s classroom. This club is free and run by CIS parent, Sarah Chancey.
15. Basketball meets daily from 345 to 615pm, MTTHF and from 1-3pm on Wednesdays as well as most Saturdays from 1-3pm. The season ends on Dec 2. Our coach is Corey Spaulding from Youth on the Move.
16. Co-ed Soccer meets on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during the spring. Contact RomeroK@corralesis.org for more information.
We will be starting a girls’ VOLLEYBALL club for Middle School Girls. We will be practicing bumps, serves, setting, rotations, and other various practice items related to VOLLEYBALL. This is a fun club, so no games, just practice and fun. No experience needed.
The club will be restricted to 14 girls so we can scrimmage and have rotations. Please call Janet to sign-up: 505.508.6452
Please be prompt for pick-up. Girls not picked up by 5:00 will be escorted to Permaculture. Meeting days: 3/31, 4/7, 4/21, 4/28, and 5/5.
Please send the girls to school with: 1) A tee-shirt 2) Shorts 3) Athletic shoes 4) A spare volleyball if you have one. The girls will need to change into their sports clothes right after school to allow time to practice and play